THE UNIVERSITY OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC 5360彩票官网
USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS TABLE OF CONTENTS About USP 2 Vision, Mission & Values 3 USP Attributes 4 International Accreditations & Recognition 5 Faculty of Arts, Law and Education (FALE) 7 Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) 9 Faculty of Science, Technology and Environment (FSTE) 11 Pacific Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development (PaCE-SD) 13 Pacific Technical and Further Education (Pacific TAFE) 15 Research Office 17 International Office 19 Excellent Facilities, Diverse and Exciting Campus Life 23 Residential Halls 27 Security Department 28 University Library 29 Regional Campuses 30 Pathways for Higher Education 33 Enrolment Requirements 34 5360彩票官网 Fees Schedule 51 For more information please visit www.usp.ac.fj To apply online, visit: www.usp.ac.fj/apply To download the Application Form, visit: www.usp.ac.fj/forms NOTE Where an inconsistency or conflict arises from information contained in this publication and any other publication of the University including information available on the USP website, the 5360彩票官网 USP Handbook and Calendar shall prevail.
Users are strongly advised to refer to and use the 5360彩票官网 Handbook and Calendar as it is the official source of information pertaining to the University. The online version will be the most updated one and will be made available from November 2019. (www.usp.ac.fj/calendar) Information in this publication is provided on the basis that all persons making reference to it undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content. The University shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of information contained in this publication or any other publication of the University.
1 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS USP is the premier regional university and has a reputation for excellence in both teaching and research. Our commitment is to provide you with the knowledge, skills and values for a successful future career. I strongly urge you to consider USP for your tertiary education where you will get a world-class education and an exceptional student experience. The 5360彩票官网 Prospectus contains comprehensive information on academic programmes and student life at all of USP’s 14 regional campuses. The information on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including admission requirements and international accreditations, student support services, accommodation options, and campus life activities will assist all prospective students in their decision-making.
This Prospectus also includes details on USP’s Pacific Technical and Further Education (Pacific TAFE), that offers Skills BasedQualifications (SBQs), and Foundation and Preliminary Studies, both of which can prepare students for undergraduate programmes.
USP is ranked amongst the top 50 universities in Oceania region, our future aspirations are to become better and to build on our reputation to be amongst the best universities of the world. In the 2019 Ed Universal Rankings, our Executive MBA programme was ranked amongst the top 5 in Oceania. The University has 27 internationally accredited programmes and 15 international recognitions. In addition, 20 short courses offered by Pacific TAFE have received international accreditation by the United Kingdom’s Continuing Professional Development. This is a significant validation of our quality standards.
We have been accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) for six (6) years. This means that USP meets stringent United States standards for university quality. This accreditation is an external validation of USP’s academic quality.
Students are the main beneficiaries and USP ensures that they are provided with a comprehensive range of excellent and relevant tertiary qualifications and pathways that best suit the regional and global needs. We are able to do this by expanding on the variety of programmes and courses that we offer each year as contained in this Prospectus. Student support and experience is personalised and available in a variety of formats at any time ensuring that our students are able to access lectures online and on-demand. USP is proudly an inclusive environment and our students with special abilities are offered specific assistance and practical support.
The University offers its students state-of-the-art facilities and ICT tools that make learning both enjoyable and productive. The modern and connected Library is a centre of activity, and Student Learning 5360彩票官网 and health and wellness activities and facilities encourage students to learn together and provide opportunities to socialise.
Future researchers and innovators of the region are molded here at USP which has produced cutting-edge research in areas like Coastal Protection, Climate Change and Resilience Biodiversity, Gender Gaps in Learning, and challenges in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education. USP places great emphasis on the mixing of cultures and backgrounds, as we believe that strength comes from diversity. Our students and staff come from dozens of different countries and cultures, making USP one of the most exciting learning environments anywhere.
USP continues to be the place where the region’s future leaders and intellectuals spend their formative years.
The University has produced more than 50,000 graduates, who are part of the USP Alumni network, and has awarded more than 70,000 qualifications, many have gone on to hold significant national, regional and international positions and have contributed to the positive development of the region. Something unique about USP is that studies extend beyond the physicalclassroomandstudentsarefreetostudyfromanywhere, at any given time and at their own pace. This is because of the adoption and careful integration of contemporary learning and teaching technologies. These include an online learning management system called MOODLE as well as widespread availability of Wi-Fi on campus in buildings and campus grounds, as well as access to computer labs and mobile devices.
Our goal at USP is to future-proof the next generation of workers and citizens for life and work in the region and beyond. The University, guided by its ethos of continuous improvement, has always strived to provide the best possible value for money to its Member Countries, while constantly improving the quality and breadth of its academic offerings, facilities, educational and pastoral support, community projects, and regionally relevant research.USPiscommittedtoworkingcloselywithstakeholders to continue to be a dynamic institution that is responsive to national, regional and global developments.
TheUniversitypreparesstudentsforlifelongsuccess,graduating degree holders with work-ready skills and confidence, who become members of the USP Alumni Network. A USP education is both academically rigorous and highly rewarding; its quality has been affirmed through international accreditation processes, making the USP degree “portable” and useful for those graduates who plan to travel overseas. To access more details on our programmes and courses refer to the 5360彩票官网 Handbook and Calendar, which will be available on the USP website from November 2019.
Thank you and make sure that USP is your only choice! Professor Pal Ahluwalia Vice-Chancellor and President WELCOME TO USP
2 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS Established in 1968, USP is one of only two universities of its type in the world. It is jointly owned by the governments of 12 member countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. The University has campuses in all member countries. The main campus, Laucala, is in Suva, Fiji. The Alafua Campus in Samoa is where the School of Agriculture and Food Technology is based, and the Emalus Campus in Vanuatu is the location for the School of Law.
The academic Schools, Institutes and Centres of the University are organised into three Faculties and led by Deans.
These are: Faculty of Arts, Law and Education (FALE); Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE); and Faculty of Science, Technology and Environment (FSTE). Each faculty comprises a number of schools which offer a wide range of academic programmes and courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The University’s Pacific Technical and Further Education (Pacific TAFE) is a strategically amalgamated and integrated learning and teaching section which offers high quality Skills Based Qualifications (SBQ). Pacific TAFE also offers pre-degree and sub-degree programmes. This provides consolidated pathways from Foundation and Preliminary studies to undergraduate studies.
The University also offers programmes through flexible learning in a variety of modes and technologies throughout USP’s 14 campuses and 10 centres. Advanced communication technologies through USPNet are used to reach flexible learning students across the vast expanse of the Pacific Ocean. The multi-cultural nature of the staff and student body gives USP an exceptional character. It is a quality institution producing degrees comparable to those awarded by universities in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
GraduatesfromUSParefoundinimportantexecutivepositions throughout the public and private sectors in all member countries and in numerous countries around the world.
The University has set a high standard for quality in its programmes and research. Major research commitments include business management, teacher education, Pacific studies, strategic research themes, marine studies, agriculture, science and technology. The University Region The University of the South Pacific Region spreads across 33 million square kilometres of ocean, an area more than three times the size of Europe. In contrast, the total land mass is about equivalent to the area of Denmark. Population varies in size from Niue with 1,000 people to Fiji with over 850,000. The total population of our member countries is around 2.1 million.
International airlines flying routes between Australia, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singpore, Hong Kong and the United States link a number of the island countries and other countries globally. There are also airlines which service the region. Within countries, inter-island shipping is used to reach smaller islands without air services. Because of its strategic position, high quality, recognition and excellent facilities, USP attracts eminent scholars and staff from all over the region and beyond. ABOUT USP The University of the South Pacific is the premier institution of higher learning for the Pacific Region, uniquely placed in a region of extraordinary physical, social and economic diversity.
- 3 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS www.usp.ac.fj/uspmission Excellence in uniquely Pacific learning and innovation for the sustainable development of Pacific Islands Peoples.
- To provide Pacific people with a comprehensive range of excellent and relevant tertiary qualifications and pathways, delivered innovatively;
- Toconductanddeliverthebenefitsofadvancedresearchandinnovationtoprovide cost effective sustainable solutions and policy advice;
- To conserve, celebrate and strengthen Pacific languages, cultures and heritage through teaching, research, policy advice and ICT applications;
- To provide communities and countries in the Pacific region with relevant, cost effective and sustainable solutions, including entrepreneurship, to their main challenges; and
- To be the exemplar of tertiary education for the Pacific Islands in quality, governance, application of technology and collaboration with national tertiary institutions.
- Commitment and loyalty of staff and students to the institution and the Pacific region;
- Commitment to academic freedom and highest standards of governance, leadership, integrity, transparency and ethical behavior;
- Highest standards of creativity, innovation, teamwork and flexibility in the pursuit of excellence;
- Investments in staff, rewarding staff excellence, and empowerment of all USP teams;
- Respect for distinctiveness and diversity in our Pacific heritage and its development, preservation and dissemination;
- Commitment to regional cooperation and integration;
- Positive, safe and inclusive environments;
- Supportforflexiblelearnersinalllocationsforsuccessinwork,lifeandcitizenship ;
- Protection and nurturing of the environment; and
- Strong relationships to guide engagement with national governments, Pacific communities, and development partners.
OUR VISION OUR MISSION OUR VALUES
- 4 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS GRADUATES The University of the South Pacific’s academic programmes will promote the development of the following attributes in all graduates: Academic excellence
- Extensive knowledge of and relevant skills in a particular discipline or professional area;
- Capacity for critical thinking and independent selfdirected, life-long learning;
- Advanced information and communication technology knowledge and skills; and
- Research skills. Intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Deep respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of scholarship;
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity, openness to new ideas;
- Commitment to inter-disciplinary understanding and skills; and
- Respect for the principles, values and ethics of a chosen profession.
- Capacity for leadership and working with others
- Effective interpersonal communications skills;
- Leadership, organisational, teamwork and time management abilities; and
- Personal maturity and self-confidence. Appreciation of the cultures of the Pacific Islands
- Knowledge and appreciation of the unity and diversity of Pacific island cultures;
- Understanding of the diverse economies and environments of the Pacific Islands; and
- Commitment to the maintenance and strengthening of the societies of the Pacific.
- Cross-Cultural Competencies
- Understanding and appreciation of social, cultural, and linguistic diversity;
- Respect for human rights and dignity in a global context;
- Commitment to accountability, ethical practice and social responsibility; and
- Demonstrated oral and written proficiency in the English language. STAFF
- The commitment of USP’s staff to the Vision, Mission and Values of the University is embedded in the following attributes:
- Commitment and loyalty to the institution and its mission;
- Honesty and integrity in personal and professional interactions in the work environment, including the highest standards of academic conduct;
- A strong student-centered approach to learning and teaching;
- Highest standards of creativity, innovation, teamwork, cooperation and flexibility in the pursuit of excellence;
- Respect for the distinctiveness and diversity of our Pacific heritage and dedication towards its development, preservation and dissemination;
- A responsible attitude towards a healthy work-life balance;
- A positive and proactive stance towards customer service;
- Respectful and ethical behaviour; and
- A collegial and cooperative attitude that contributes towards building a more cohesive university community.
5 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS WSCUC ACCREDITATION FOR USP LIST OF INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED OR RECOGNISED PROGRAMMES To-date the University has the following programmes that have received accreditation and received recognition. Internationally Accredited Programmes 1. Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting (CPA Australia1 , Australia); 2. Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management (THE-ICE2 , Australia); 3. Bachelor of Commerce in Tourism Management (THEICE, Australia); 4. Bachelor of Commerce in Tourism and Hospitality Management (THE-ICE, Australia); 5.
Certificate in Hotel Management (THE-ICE, Australia); 6. Bachelor of Commerce in Hotel Management (THEICE, Australia); 7. Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce - Tourism and Hospitality Management (THE-ICE, Australia); 8. Master of Commerce (Tourism and Hospitality Management) (THE-ICE, Australia); 9. PhD in Tourism and Hospitality Management (THE-ICE, Australia); 10. Master of Business Administration (AMBA3 , United Kingdom); 11. Bachelor of Networks and Security (Provisional Accreditation) (ACS4 , Australia); 12. Bachelor of Software Engineering (ACS, Australia); 13. Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Electronics (Engineering New Zealand); 14.
Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical (Engineering New Zealand); 15. Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education & Care) (ACECQA5 , Australia); 16. Bachelor of Arts (Social Work) (ACWA6 , Australia); and 17. Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching (SEDA7 , United Kingdom) Internationally Accredited Pacific TAFE Qualifications 1. Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (THE-ICE, Australia); 2. Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (ACECQA, Australia); 3. Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (ACECQA, Australia); 4. Certificate IV in Hospitality Operations (Events, Food & Beverage and Front Office) (THE-ICE, Australia); 5.
Certificate III in Community Development (ACWA, Australia); 6. BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (ASQA8, Australia); 7. Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (THE-ICE, Australia); 8. Diploma of Counselling (ACWA, Australia); 9. Diploma of Library and Information 5360彩票官网 (ALIA9, Australia); and 10. Certificate III in Patisserie (THE-ICE, Australia). INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS The University of the South Pacific (USP) has received Initial Accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), United States for a term of six (6) years.
This accreditation is without conditions. The Offsite Reaffirmation Review is set for 2023 with the Accreditation Visit in 2024. An Interim Report is due in 2022. All these are part of WSCUC’s strong philosophy of continuous improvement, which aligns perfectly with our own, very long-established philosophy of continuous improvement. This means that the institutional quality of the University is now accepted as similar to that of accredited universities in the United States.
WSCUC is a regional accrediting agency, established for the purposes of accrediting senior colleges and universities throughout California, Hawaii, and the Pacific and a limited number of international institutions. WSCUC is recognised by the United States Department of Education (USDE) and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as a reliable authority concerning the quality of education provided by member institutions of higher education offering the associate degree, baccalaureate degree and postbaccalaureate degrees.
6 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS 1.
Twelve (12) courses in USP Bachelor of Laws Degree (Law Council of Australia); 2. Certificate IV in Accounting (Skills International New Zealand); 3. Diploma in Accounting (Skills International New Zealand); 4. Certificate IV in Information Technology (Support) (Skills International New Zealand); 5. Diploma in Information Technology (Skills International New Zealand); 6. Foundation Arts Programme (FNA) (Universities New Zealand); 7. Foundation Business Programme (FNB) (Universities New Zealand); 8. Foundation Science Programme (FNSN) (Universities New Zealand); 9. Certificate IV in Office Management (Skills International New Zealand); 10.
Diploma in Office Management - Level 5 (Skills International New Zealand); 11. Certificate III in Small Business Development and Management (SBAA , Australia); 12. Bachelor of Education - Primary (New Zealand Qualification Authority); 13. Bachelor of Education - Secondary (New Zealand Qualification Authority); 14. Postgraduate Certificate in Education (New Zealand Qualification Authority); and 15. Graduate Certificate in Education (New Zealand Qualification Authority).
1. Accounting Skills for New Supervisors; 2. Advanced Project Management; 3. Advanced Skills for The Practical Trainer; 4. Advanced Writing Skills; 5. Anger Management - Understanding Anger; 6. Building a Brand on Social Media 7. Basic Internet Marketing; 8. Critical Thinking; 9. Budgets and Managing Money; 10. Business Writing that Works; 11. Coaching and Mentoring; 12. Conducting Accurate Internet Research; 13. Conference and Event Management; 14. Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public; 15. Conversational Leadership; 16. Creating a Dynamite Job Portfolio; 17. Creating A Google Adwords Campaign; 18.
Customer Service Training - Managing Customer Service; 19. Creating Winning Proposals; and 20. Creative Thinking and Innovation. Note: Pacific TAFE acquired Registered Training Provider status with ASQA. It can deliver qualifications which are accredited with Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Recognised Qualifications Accreditation of Pacific TAFE Short Courses 1 CPA Australia – Certified Practicing Accountant Australia 2 THE-ICE – International Centre for Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Management 3 AMBA – Association of MBAs 4 ACS – Australian Computer Society 5 IPENZ – Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand 6 ACECQA - Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority 7 ACWA-Australian Community Workers Association 8 ASQA – Australian Skills Quality Authority Twenty (20) short courses offered by Pacific TAFE’s Workforce Development Training Unit (WDTU) received international accreditation by the United Kingdom’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
CPD UK is one of the most recognised and credible short course accreditation agency which has accredited short courses for universities like the University of Oxford, British Cambridge College, Kings College London and many other world renowned universities. The following short courses have received CPD accreditation:
Achieve academic excellence through the delivery of high quality programmes; be an internationally recognised centre for quality teaching, research, publication, consultancy, community services; and, provide relevant and sustained focus on the Pacific region.
Provide high quality student-centred learning and teaching; develop and deliver highly relevant programmes and courses of study; conduct research with a collaborative focus; develop and maintain an international profile in the areas of academic publication and consultancy; and, enhance its role in community, national, regional and global engagement, services and support. www.usp.ac.fj/fale FACULTY OF ARTS, LAW AND EDUCATION (FALE) VISION MISSION 7 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS
- 8 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS SCHOOL OF EDUCATION Undergraduate
- Certificate in Educational Assessment
- Certificate in Teaching – Primary
- Certificate in Teaching – Secondary
- Certificate in Non-Formal Education
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma in Teaching (Secondary)
- Diploma in Educational Evaluation & Assessment
- Diploma in Educational Leadership & Change
- Diploma in Multilingual Studies
- Diploma in Special & Inclusive Education Bachelor of Arts
- One Major in a Double Major: Education, Technical & Vocational Education (Technology, Food & Nutrition Studies)
- Minor: Education, Technology, Food & Nutrition Studies Bachelor of Education In-Service
- Early Childhood Education and Care (Accredited by Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority)
- Primary Education
- Special & Inclusive Education
- Secondary Education Graduate Certificate in Education (Certificate post-licence en Sciences de l’éducation) Pre-Service Teacher Education
- Bachelor of Arts & Graduate Certificate in Education
- Bachelor of Commerce & Graduate Certificate in Education
- Bachelor of Science & Graduate Certificate in Education Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Master of Arts, Major in Education
- Master of Education PhD SCHOOL OF LANGUAGE, ARTS & MEDIA Undergraduate
- Certificate in Tongan and Niuafo'ou
- Certificate in Vagahau Niue
- Certificate in Vanuatu Language Studies
- Diploma in Pacific Journalism
- Diploma in Vernacular Language (Cook Islands Māori)
- Diploma in Vernacular Language (Fijian)
- Diploma in Vernacular Language (Hindi)
- Diploma in Tongan and Niuafo'ou
- Diploma in Vagahau Niue Bachelor of Arts
- Single Majors: Literature, Literature & Language, Pacific Language Studies, Pacific Vernacular Language
- One Major in a Double Major: Journalism, Linguistics, Literature, Literature & Language, Pacific Language Studies, Pacific Vernacular Languages (Fijian, Hindi & Cook Islands Maori)
- Minor: Linguistics, Literature, Literature & Language, Pacific Vernacular Languages (Fijian, Hindi & Cook Islands Maori), Pacific Language Studies, French, Chinese & Rotuman Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts: Majors in Linguistics, Literature, Applied Linguistics & English Language Teaching
- Master of Arts: Majors in Applied Linguistics, Journalism, Linguistics, Literature PhD SCHOOL OF LAW Undergraduate
- Certificate of Justice
- Certificate in Law
- Diploma of Justice
- Diploma in Prosecutions Bachelor of Arts
- Single Major in Law
- One Major in a Double Major in Law
- Minor in Law Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Laws Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws (combined degrees) Bachelor of Commerce & Bachelor of Laws (combined degrees) Professional Diploma in Law
- Professional Diploma in Legal Practice
- Professional Diploma in Legislative Drafting Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Laws PhD SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES Undergraduate
- Certificate in Social & Community Work
- Certificate in Policing
- Diploma in Social & Community Work
- Diploma in Police Management Bachelor of Arts
- Single Majors: History, Pacific Policing, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work (Accredited by the Australian Community Workers Association)
- One Major in a Double Major: History, Pacific Policing, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology
- Minor: History, Pacific Policing, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Certificate in Gender Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Border Security
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts: Majors in History, Psychology, Social Policy & Administration, Sociology
- Master of Arts: Majors in History, Psychology, Social Policy, Sociology PhD OCEANIA CENTRE FOR ARTS, CULTURE & PACIFIC STUDIES Undergraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts: Major in Pacific Studies
- Master of Arts: Major in Pacific Studies
- Professional Certificate in Heritage Management Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts Minor in Pacific Studies, Heritage and Arts
- Major in Pacific Studies, Heritage and Arts PhD INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION * Graduate Certificate in School Leadership (SL) * Professional Certificate in Education Policy & Planning General enquiries for Undergraduate Studies: Applications for admission to Undergraduate programmes should be addressed to: Admissions, Student Administrative 5360彩票官网, The University of the South Pacific, Private Mail Bag, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji. Tel: +679 323 1444; email: email@example.com General enquiries for Postgraduate Studies: Applications for admission to Postgraduate programmes at the Faculty should be addressed to: Faculty Administrative Assistant, Faculty of Arts, Law & Education, The University of the South Pacific, Private Mail Bag, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji. Tel: +679 323 1762; email: firstname.lastname@example.org Dean: Dr Akanisi Kedrayate, tel: +679 323 2049; email: email@example.com Associate Dean, Learning & Teaching: Dr Matthew Hayward, tel: +679 323 7174; email: firstname.lastname@example.org Associate Dean, Research & Internationalisation: Dr Ann Armstrong, tel: +679 323 2022; email: email@example.com Associate Dean, Planning & Quality: Dr Yoko Kanemasu, tel: 679 323 32516; email: firstname.lastname@example.org Coordinator First Year Experience Mr. Kapil Karunesh Nadan, Tel +679 3232742; email: email@example.com Please refer to the online version of the 5360彩票官网 Prospectus for an updated list: www.usp.ac.fj/prospectus as well as 5360彩票官网 Handbook and Calendar: www.usp.ac.fj/calendar
VISION MISSION An enterprising faculty that brings transformational opportunities to our students, individuals, communities and businesses in the Pacific region, through diversity, partnership and excellence in teaching and research. To become the centre of excellence in education and scholarship, deliver innovative research, and teaching that is intellectually stimulating, provide an outstanding student learning experience, promote employability skills for our students and encourage our graduates to share their success, and promote the success of others.
www.usp.ac.fj/fbe FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS (FBE) 9 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS
- Professional Accounting Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce in: - Accounting - Professional Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigation
- Master of Commerce in Accounting (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting
- Master of Commerce in Banking & Finance (by thesis or SRP) PhD
- PhD in Accounting [Note - Accounting Professional Courses are offered on a Trimester basis] SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in:
- Official Statistics
- Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness
- Population Studies & Demography Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Population Studies & Demography
- Master of Commerce in Economics (by coursework & by thesis or SRP)
- Master of Commerce in Official Statistics (by thesis or SRP) PhD
- PhD in Economics
- PhD in Population Studies & Demography SCHOOL OF AGRICUTURE & FOOD TECHNOLOGY Bachelor of Agriculture (BAgr) in:
- Applied Sciences Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Agriculture - Agricultural Economics - Animal Science - Crop Science
- Master of Agriculture PhD
- PhD in Agriculture SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT & PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in:
- Human Resource Management & Employment Relations
- International Business & Marketing
- Management & Public Administration Postgraduate
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce - Management & Public Administration
- Master of Commerce in Management & Public Administration (by coursework & by thesis or SRP) PhD
- PhD in Management & Public Administration SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT, DEVELOPMENT & INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS Bachelor of Arts (BA) in:
- Politics Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Certificate in Diplomacy & International Affairs
- Postgraduate Diploma in Diplomacy & International Affairs
- Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Governance
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy & International Affairs (by thesis & coursework)
- Master of Arts in Development Studies (by thesis or SRP)
- Master of Arts in Governance (by coursework & by thesis or SRP)
- Master of Arts in Politics (by thesis or SRP) PhD
- PhD in Development Studies
- PhD in Governance
- PhD in Politics, Diplomacy & International Affairs SCHOOL OF TOURISM & HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in:
- Hotel Management
- Tourism Management (Double major)
- Tourism & Hospitality Management (Single major) Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (Tourism & Hospitality Management)
- Master of Commerce in Tourism & Hospitality Management (by thesis or SRP) PhD
- PhD in Tourism & Hospitality Management SCHOOL OF LAND MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in:
- Land Management Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Land Management
- Master of Commerce in Land Management (by thesis or SRP) GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Postgraduate
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Administration
- Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Postgraduate Diploma for General Managers
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Analytical Skills
- Master of Business Administration * Supervised Research Project General enquiries for Undergraduate Studies: Applications for admission to Undergraduate programmes should be addressed to: Admissions, Student Administrative 5360彩票官网, The University of the South Pacific, Private Mail Bag, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji. Tel: +679 323 1444; email: firstname.lastname@example.org General enquiries for Postgraduate Studies: Applications for admission to Postgraduate programmes at the Faculty should be addressed to: Sonal Sharma, Fiji; tel: +679 32712; email: email@example.com or Ilima Finiasi, Fiji; tel: +679 323 1747; email: firstname.lastname@example.org Acting Dean: Professor Arvind Patel, tel: +679 323 2517; email: email@example.com Associate Dean, Learning & Teaching: Associate Professor Manoranjan Mohanty, tel: +679 323 2537; email: firstname.lastname@example.org Associate Dean, Planning & Quality: Dr. Nacanieli Rika, tel: +679 323 2570; email: email@example.com Associate Dean, Postgraduate Affairs & Research: Associate Professor Ronald Kumar; email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +679 323 2574
www.usp.ac.fj/fste VISION MISSION An intellectual centre of excellence in Science, Technology and Environment for Pacific-based research, consultancy and education provision. To be the prime education provider of environmentally and sociallyresponsible scientists and technologists, trained to an international standard with the integrity and capacity to enhance the development and well-being of the people of the Pacific region. www.usp.ac.fj/fste FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT (FSTE) 11 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS
- 12 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL & CHEMICAL SCIENCES Bachelor of Science Major Disciplines
- Chemistry Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Biology - Chemistry
- Master of Science in - Biology - Chemistry PhD
- Chemistry SCHOOL OF COMPUTING, INFORMATION & MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES Bachelor of Arts Major Disciplines
- Computing Science
- Information Systems
- Mathematics Bachelor of Commerce Major Disciplines
- Information Systems Bachelor of Science Major Disciplines
- Computing Science
- Information Systems
- Mathematics Professional Programmes in ICT
- Bachelor of Networks and Security
- Bachelor of Software Engineering Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts - Mathematics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Mathematics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology - Computing Science - Information Systems
- Postgraduate Diploma - Cybersecurity
- Masters - Master of Science in Computing Science - Master of Science in Information Systems - Master of Arts in Mathematics - Master of Science in Mathematics Professional Masters
- Master of Computing & Information Systems
- Master of Information Systems PhD
- Computing Science
- Information Systems
- Mathematics SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & PHYSICS Bachelor of Science Major Disciplines
- Physics Bachelor of Engineering
- Civil Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Physics
- Master of Science in - Engineering - Physics PhD
- Physics SCHOOL OF GEOGRAPHY, EARTH SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT Bachelor of Arts Major Disciplines
- Geography Bachelor of Arts – Prescribed Programme
- Bachelor of Arts (Environmental Management) Bachelor of Science Major Disciplines
- Geospatial Science Bachelor of Science-Prescribed Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science) Bachelor of Geospatial Science - Prescribed Programmes
- Geospatial Analyst
- Geospatial Developer Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts - Environmental Management - Geography
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Environmental Geoscience
- Masters of Arts - Environmental Management - Geography
- Master of Science in - Environmental Science - Earth Science PhD
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Management
- Earth Science SCHOOL OF MARINE STUDIES Bachelor of Arts – Prescribed Programme
- Bachelor of Arts (Marine Management) Bachelor of Science - Prescribed Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Marine Science) Postgraduate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts - Marine Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Marine Science
- Master of Arts in Marine Management
- Master of Science in Marine Science PhD
- Marine Management
- Marine Science SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- Bachelor of Public Health (BPH) degree programme www.facebook.com/USP.FSTE Please refer to the online version of the 5360彩票官网 Prospectus for an updated list: www.usp.ac.fj/prospectus as well as 5360彩票官网 Handbook and Calendar: www.usp.ac.fj/calendar For further information, contact: Faculty Dean: Dr. Anjeela Jokhan, tel: +679 323 2445; email: email@example.com Associate Dean, Learning & Teaching: Dr. Bibhya Sharma, tel: +679 323 2069; mobile: +679 998 9577; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook ID: Bibhya Sharma For enquiries regarding Postgraduate Programmes please contact: Associate Dean, Research & Graduate Affairs: Professor Sushil Kumar, tel: +679 323 2144; mobile: +679 9926567; email: email@example.com Associate Dean, Planning & Quality Dr Francis Mani; tel: +679 323 2477; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
www.usp.ac.fj/fste VISION MISSION To strive for excellence in sustainable development for Pacific Islands people. To work across the University and the Pacific Islands to promote climate change adaptation and sustainable development best practices through innovative and cost-effective approaches. www.usp.ac.fj/pace PACIFIC CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (PACE-SD) 13 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS
- 14 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES: Postgraduate Diploma
- Climate Change Masters
- Climate Change By Research PhD
- Climate Change PACIFIC CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (PaCE-SD) The Centre works with relevant sections of the University, regional governments, intergovernmental organisations, Council of Regional Organisations of the Pacific (CROP) agencies and NGOs to promote climate change adaptation and sustainable development best practices using innovative and cost effective approaches. PaCE-SD is a centre of excellence for teaching, training and research-based capacity building for the Pacific Islands region.
- PaCE-SD pursues its current goals through the following thematic areas:
- Postgraduate Research Training and Teaching;
- Applied Research & Publications;
- Technical Assistance & Support;
- Community Engagement and Outreach;
- Capacity Building Workshops, Conferences and Training;
- Communication and Visibility. PaCE-SD’s priority areas are Climate Change and Sustainable Development. Work in these areas are carried out with support from major donor funded projects:
- Supporting the European Union (EU) Global Climate Change Alliance+ through Capacity Building, Research, Community Engagement and Applied Research (USP EU-GCCA+); and
- The Pacific Technical Vocational Education and Training (PacTVET) project of the EU-funded Adaptation to Climate Change and Sustainable Energy (ACSE) programme being implemented in partnership with the Pacific Community (SPC). PaCE-SD hosts a weekly science seminar series to encourage dialogue and application of innovative research to Pacific problems and issues.
PaCE-SD students, staff and alumni are working together throughout the region and around the globe to build climate resilient sustainable futures for Pacific Island Countries. PaCE-SD provides extensive opportunities for students to learn by doing and supports professional development through leadership and technical training. KEY TO SEMESTER AND MODE CODES Semester I = offered in the first semester, II = offered in the second semester, I&II = offered in Semester I and Semester II as a single semester course, I/II = means offered on-campus in Semester I and by DFL in Semester II, but it depends on the values to the left and right of the slash in other columns, II/I = generally means offered on-campus in Semester II and by DFL in Semester I, but it depends on the values to the left and right of the slash in other columns, F = Courses offered in the Face-to-face mode, P = Courses offered in the Print mode, B = Courses offered in the blended mode, O = Courses offered in the online mode, C = Courses offered at all campuses.
Course Code Course Title Semester Mode Location PC414 Climate Change: Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation I O C PC415 Climate Science II O C PC424 Disaster Risk Management I O C PC425 Environment Impact Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment II O C PC426 Ecosystem-Based Adaptation for Climate Resilience in the Pacific Islands II O C PC428 Tropical Meteorology I O C PC412 Climate Finance & Adaptation II O C Project Design *The list is subject to change. Please refer to the online version of the 5360彩票官网 Prospectus for an updated list: www.usp.ac.fj/prospectus as well as 5360彩票官网 Handbook and Calendar: www.usp.ac.fj/calendar For enquiries regarding Postgraduate Programmes please contact: Postgraduate Coordinator: Mr.
Filipe Veisa, tel: +679 323 2096; fax: +679 323 2891; email: email@example.com
www.usp.ac.fj/fste www.usp.ac.fj/pacifictafe PACIFIC TECHNICAL AND FURTHER EDUCATION (PACIFIC TAFE) Pacific Technical and Further Education TAFE) is the fastest growing integrated learning and teaching section of the University which offers Foundation & Preliminary (Pre-Degree) and Skill Based (Sub-Degree) programmes through its Four (4) Colleges and short term trainings at Workforce Development Training Unit. 15 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS
- 16 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & COMMERCE PROGRAMMES
- Preliminary Business
- Foundation Business
- Certificate III in Small Business Development & Management
- Certificate IV in Accounting
- Diploma of Accounting (Level 5)
- Certificate IV in Human Resources Management
- Diploma of Human Resources Management (Level 5)
- Certificate IV in Office Management
- Diploma of Office Management (Level 5)
- *BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management (Level 5)
- Professional Diploma in Business Management COLLEGE OF TOURISM & HOSPITALITY PROGRAMMES
- Certificate III in Patisserie (Pastry and Bakery)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Diploma of Culinary Arts and Management (Level 5)
- Certificate IV in Hospitality Operations (Events, Food & Beverage and Front Office)
- Diploma of Hospitality Management (Level 5) (Events, Food & Beverage and Front Office) COLLEGE OF ARTS & HUMANITIES PROGRAMMES
- Preliminary Arts
- Foundation Arts
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 5)
- Diploma of Library and Information 5360彩票官网 (Level 5)
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care
- Certificate III in Community Development
- Certificate IV in Early Childhood Education & Care
- Certificate IV in Library/Information Studies
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Certificate IV in Counselling
- Diploma of Counselling (level 5) COLLEGE OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & ENVIRONMENT PROGRAMMES
- Preliminary Science
- Foundation Science
- Certificate IV in Information Technology (Support)
- Diploma of Information Technology (Level 5)
- Certificate IV in Fisheries Enforcement & Compliance
- Certificate III in Resilience (Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Certificate IV in Resilience (Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
- Certificate IV In Coastal Fisheries and Aquaculture Compliance WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT TRAINING UNIT Range of short Courses in:
- Business Administration
- Business Communication
- Cambridge English
- Debt & Credit Management
- Food Safety
- Governance & Risk
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Resource Management
- ICT & Computing
- Leadership Development
- Procurement & Supply
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Secretarial Skills
- Trainer Development
- Work Health & Safety For further information, please contact Pacific TAFE at Statham Campus on +679 323 1223 or 323 1224 or 323 1870, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.usp.ac.fj or contact your nearest centre. Please refer to the online version of the 5360彩票官网 Prospectus for an updated list: www.usp.ac.fj/prospectus as well as 5360彩票官网 Handbook and Calendar: www.usp.ac.fj/calendar
VISION MISSION The University is committed to being the foremost research university in the Pacific Island region and meeting the needs and aspirations of the Pacific Island communities. The University’s research mission is to conduct theoretical, applied and comparative research to assist Pacific Island people meet their needs and aspirations and, at the same time, achieve international recognition in those areas that reflect the University’s unique geographical location and multicultural contexts.
www.usp.ac.fj/research RESEARCH OFFICE 17 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS
18 USP 5360彩票官网 PROSPECTUS Research and Leadership Under the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation and International), the Research Office is dedicated to meeting the need for the coordination of research effort and support for research-active staff and students.
The University is committed to winning national and international recognition as the primary research institution in the Pacific region, undertaking research that recognises the uniqueness of Pacific Islands environments and society and which will assist the social, cultural and economic advancement of the countries and people of this region. The research culture at the University is focused on these key areas and is committed to achieving excellence in research.University The research portfolio at the University is the responsibility of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation and International). This role is supported by the Director of Research whose responsibilities include:
- Developing, managing and monitoring the operationalisation of the University’s Strategic Research Themes;
- Supporting the University Research Committee;
- Assisting with research plans within the University;
- Developing networks for research opportunities and funding;
- Managing staff research training and graduate research scholarships;
- Overseeing postgraduate research student supervision;
- Ensuring staff and students maintain high ethical research practices;
- Promoting the University as a destination for researchactive academics on sabbatical leave;
- Recognising and rewarding outstanding research performances;
- Protecting the University’s policy on intellectual property rights and copyrights;
- Promoting, monitoring, and disseminating research outputs;
- Developing policies, selecting priority projects, and monitoring performance within current areas of research;
- Considering the research being carried out by other CROP agencies to ensure coordination and clearer regional strategies; and
- Monitoring and implementing the University’s Research Strategy.
The University Research Committee (URC) is chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation and International). The University Research Committee is made up of senior academic staff and support services representatives including representation from USP Student Association. Faculty and Department Research management at the Faculty level is co-ordinated by the Faculty Associate Dean Research. The primary focus of this role is to provide leadership in research planning, target-setting, research development and performance review. Heads of Schools and Sections also provide crucial leadership in research and research training, supported by Campus directors, senior staff and postgraduate coordinators.
Faculty Research Committees are chaired by the Associate Dean Research. Research Governance The needs of stakeholders and the current capacity of the University led to the identification of the four strategic research themes that are derived from the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (2015 – 2030) and underpinned by Innovation, Empowerment & Sustainability: 1. Oceans, Land and Climate; 2. Economic Growth, and Public & Private Sector; 3. Education, Culture and Health; and 4. Governance, Justice and Equality The Research Office The key responsibility of the Research Office is to enhance the capacity of University staff and students to conduct quality research that meets the needs and aspirations of the University Member Countries, and other stakeholders.
The Research Office supports researchers at the University by promoting a research culture that encourages regional and international excellence in the priority areas while at the same time moving towards broader research priorities. The Research Office is also charged with supporting the implementation, ongoing monitoring, and review of the University’s Research Strategy. The Research Office, under the leadership of the Director of Research, strives to provide high level administrative and strategic research support services, which ensures that the University continues to conduct world-class research for the Pacific region.
Contact us by email: email@example.com